Monday, March 3, 2008

Weekend Wrap Up

Hello Sports Fans - here'a recap of this weekend.

Friday evening the Tips beat Seattle - YAY! SO nice to shut those stupid fans up! Leland Irving tied the WHL record for shut-outs by a goalie! As far as Section 119 goes - Hockey Tom was MIA. Leo reports that he was at a "Crafting and Knitting Expo" in LA - I'm on the trail of this story and going to get to the bottom of it...However, even though Hockey Tom was gone, Leo did his boy proud and left the seat up in the family restroom outside of 119.

Saturday evening started out with dinner at a Mexican Restaurant with the 119'ers. Lots of fun. You'd think that would have been the highlight of the evening, but alas, more fun was to be had in 119.

Hockey Tom and Leo were both MIA for this game (Leo reports he was 'serving the homeless' at a soup kitchen). Their seats were taken by a very funny co-worker of Leo's who proceeded to tell the group about Leo at work. Then Curly Sue brought some 'puck bunny' to the game. Let me say this - I would never let my daughter leave the house dressed like these little girls. And I would NEVER let my daughter wear so much perfume that everyone moved up to the top row of 119 just to get away from the smell.

After the row shuffles and movement, the conversation turned to 'Life in the 80's' with a few of us reliving old times and trends. Very funny stuff. Adam did his best gay impression and Kim tried to act like she didn't do half the stuff we know she did because we all did it!

Meanwhile - the game was horrible - we didn't deserve to win and it was amazing that we did. Oh yeah, Mrs. Foghorn bought some horribly tacky Tips framed memorabilia that was huge. I guess it will look nice next to her Velvet Elvis painting in the trailer...

4 comments:

silvertips chica said...

you are sooooo bad...but very funny. 'puck bunny'...that made me laugh!

texxan said...

Hey why don't i have some funny nicename. i am the loudest after all! HAHAHA! See ya at the Game! Mwah!!

p.s. I hope Randy got lots of chrome!

Anonymous said...

Sister, I was sooooo sheltered. I got my driver's lisc at 20, didn't understand dirty jokes, didn't even own perfume until I was legally an adult! Okay, that's an exaggeration, and I did kinda act like a mini hoochie wannabe, but I absolutely never, EVER wore that much perfume. And the jokes? Well, I was a bit of an airhead. . .

Anonymous said...

You forgot the most important part of the game on Saturday - your boy across the ice won the chuck-a-puck ($500 gift certificate version) . . . again! Off to watch the Tips play in Portland - the team I hate the most (story for another day). Just your adoring fan across the ice chipping in (bad pun - sorry)!