Wednesday, February 6, 2008

It's Here - Thirty Frickin' Nine

Welcome to Day 7 of Laurakah
Ok - deep breath - I've practiced this...so let me try it here...I'm 39. Wow - 39 - wow. It's unbelievable. I woke up this morning and it slapped me right in the face - 39.
So here we go...rather than dwell on all the negatives - I am a fun girl after all - let's do another list...
Eight things I can no longer get away with:
1) Wearing a miniskirt. The legs are still good, but it's just inappropriate at my age.
2) Going platinum blonde - but then again, I'm not sure I could ever get away with that.
3) Shopping at Aeropostale or Zumiez or Pac Sun.
4) Wearing junior's sizes.
5) Wearing glitter.
6) Working at Hooters (although I can still make 'em jealous)
7) Wearing spandex (doing it in the 80's was enough)
8) Referring to myself as a 'girl'.
Eight things I CAN do that I couldn't before:
1) Say I have a college degree.
2) Say I have experience (go ahead and read into that what you will).
3) Tell people what I think of them and not worry about getting fired or whether they like me or not.
4) Speak from a confidence born from living.
5) Count the laugh lines by my eyes (I earned those).
6) Say no to things that aren't worth it.
7) Say that I've been hurt and really mean it.
8) Say that I've been loved and really mean it.
Maybe this 39 thing won't be so bad, especially since it's the last birthday I plan on having.
Friday's blog: What 14 years of sobriety means to me
Saturday's blog: Silvertips Game, Laurakah party pics, and more smack about the F. Leghorn's!

4 comments:

theseatbehindyou said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

silvertips chica said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
seriously though, are you SURE glitter is no longer an option??!

damn.

Anonymous said...

Susie is going to be so upset that glitter is no longer an option. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!! Enjoy your last year of being thirtysomething, I'll let you know how it is to be 40. Picture this....you're on a beach........:)

Anonymous said...

What is that crap that they say????

Like a fine wine, you get better with age. Well I know one thing. I am definitely more expensive.

Happy Birthday!!!!