Saturday, February 9, 2008

Recap of Laurakah and the Week in Review

First, let me say that for my very last birthday - it was the best ever. I invented this crazy holiday for the gifts/attention and my friends didn't fail to disappoint. It has been said that you can judge a person by the company they keep and I am incredibly humbled by the amount of people who braved traffic, weather and illness to turn out at the Tips game for me. Thanks to all of you for the gifts - but thanks most of all for the gift of your friendship.

While we are on the subject of gifts - wow...I got some good ones! I got a hysterical modern slang dictionary (don't laugh or I'll pop a cap in your ass), 3 crowns, a fabulous pink boa and lots of games. Speaking of games - do you not know my competitive side? How many times do I challenge ya'll to games only to walk away the victor? Do you guys really want to go through the humiliation of me kickin' your butts?

Highlights of my gifts were the flowers I received from my brother, my daughter buying me 8 gifts (so so so thoughtful) and my mom getting my gifts there on the actual day. I loved everything and will be working to get thank you notes out! And another great gift was my daughter's friend having a beautiful baby girl on my birthday! A Laurakah baby...poor world - there will be another one of me.

So, now to the Tips game - we won! And while a small part of me was sad for the Prince George Cougars (only because I like the name) there were two great games this weekend. I can't really recap the games only to say they were exciting, our passes looked good and we won. Highlights of the game for me were not on the ice but in the crowd.

The 119ers were in full form. You guys rock - you welcomed my guests and participated in the Laurakah festivities. Everytime the Tips scored, Hockey Tom would turn around and give me the high five and say that goal was for my birthday. And thanks to Mr. and Mrs. Foghorn Leghorn for amusing my guests by singing the Canadian and US National Anthems in your usual tone deaf loud voices. My friends enjoyed the renditions.

So, Saturday's game - so funny for different reasons. Boys, when you use the 'family' restroom - PUT THE DAMN SEAT DOWN. I was in line for the restroom when out walks Hockey Tom...but he left the SEAT UP. I had to come out and put the boy in his place for that rookie move. And I was unimpressed with Leo's defense that it's a man's world at a hockey game and the seat should be welded up. But the funniest was when someone in our section won the autographed hockey stick and Hockey Tom started heckling the mascot Lincoln.


Mind you - Leo had already told a group of boys to have a seat when they were having a Chinese Fire Drill while the game was going and Hockey Tom yelled at 2 ten year old kids selling 50/50 tickets to sit down. Hockey Tom then decided to call out Lincoln. The usual - 'down in front' wasn't working for Lincoln. Hockey Tom continued to jaw and Lincoln climbed over the seats and called him out. Funny stuff - but not the end. Lincoln came back later, stood behind Hockey Tom and threw popcorn. The clincher was when Lincoln offered Hockey Tom some of his popcorn then threw it in his face.

Final Score - Lincoln 1...Hockey Tom 0.

But the little girl who witnessed it in our section was the big winner...she told her dad "I had the best Lincoln night EVER".

1 comment:

silvertips chica said...

silvertips chica's secretary (albie) has secured tickets for the entourage for 3/16 at the key. protection will be afforded bill and tina in the hostile environment we shall enter into. will offer up leo and hockeytom as hostages if necessary.