Monday, February 18, 2008

Take That You Idiots!

Everett Events Center Board of Directors:
Earl Dutton - PresidentGary Weikel - Vice PresidentThomas Gaffney - Treasurer Karen Shaw - Secretary Mark Olson - Board Member

2000 Hewitt Avenue VIA FACSIMILE and REGULAR MAIL 425.322.2601
Suite 200 Everett, WA 98201

February 18, 2008

Dear Board:
I am writing you with a serious concern over the consistency of enforcement of the rules by your security personnel during Everett Silvertips Games. My husband and I are season ticket holders of the Silvertips. We sit in Section 119 Row 14 Seats 19 & 20. We have also purchased a large ticket package to have the 2 seats to either the right or left of us during the regular season. We enjoy the games and have made many friends in our section.

Our problem has been with the season ticket holders in Section 119 Row 15 seats 16 & 17. While I realize that they have been season ticket holders for 5 years, it does not, however, give them carte blanche to continually and consistently use inappropriate and unacceptable language.

On November 16, 2007 two friends joined my husband to watch the game. During this game, there was a scrum at the south end of the ice. My friend and his son stood up (along with the crowd) to watch the action. Row 115 yelled ‘down in front’ a couple of times. The son turned around and said they would be seated in just a minute. Row 115 continued to yell at them until finally the son said ‘ you don’t have to be a bitch, I will sit down’. Row 115 reported them to Security and they were removed. I am not defending our guests’ behavior, rather, using it to illustrate my next point.

On Saturday, February 16, 2008 my husband and I attended the game. The lady in Row 115 yelled down her row to another fan that he shouldn’t bring his girlfriend to the game because he is married. This didn’t seem to be something the whole section needed to hear, so I turned around and said to the man ‘it that really appropriate at the game?’ and he said “Shut the fuck up” and stuck his tongue out at me. I immediately reported the incident to security who ‘warned’ them. Please be advised that this is not the first time my husband and I have asked that they not use the “f-word” when yelling at the refs or players because of the children who sit in our section – an issue that I have reported to Devon at the Silvertips office.

I am asking that you investigate this incident, reprimand the folks in Row 115 for their consistent use of inappropriate language and uniformly enforce your policy to remove fans from the arena who use rude and abusive language. If you fail to do the above, I’m worried that the people in Row 115 will continue to escalate their behaviors and language until people don’t come to games and fail to renew their season tickets.

I am available to speak to you regarding this matter as well as provide any witnesses should you care to speak with them. I am asking that you inform me at your earliest convenience that this matter has been dealt with and what your proposed remedy is for the situation.

I look forward to many years as a Silvertips Season Ticket Holder and thank you for enforcing your rules so that everyone enjoys their visits to your facility.

Sincerely,




Laura W.
(address)

cc: Doug Soetaert, Everett Silvertips General Manager
Aaron Wilson, Senior Ticket Account Executive
Devon Wold, Sr. Ticket Account Exec. / Client Services Mgr
Rob Ramsburgh , Game Operations Manager

No comments: